The Seventh-day Adventist church has an excellent educational program throughout Australia. However they really only meet the needs of Adventists living in the suburban areas and large regional centres where their schools are located. Many Adventists outside of these centres (including ourselves) are forced to seek other avenues to educate their children, with an increasing number considering homeschooling and/or distance education options.
We believe the Seventh-day Adventist church is ideally situated to extend their current curriculum to meet the needs of such families by developing a distance education program, and we are seeking to encourage the Australian Union Conference to develop such a program. The first step in this process is to write a formal letter to Daryl Murdoch (Director of Adventist Schools Australia) - and to demonstrate interest from a significant number of Adventists around Australia. We plan to send this letter on 26th February, with the hope that this matter will be given consideration at an upcoming board-of-education meeting in March 2013.
The main points of this letter include:
Please help us by circulating this email among your network of friends, and by demonstrating your personal support for this request. Simply copy-and-edit the text below, and email your response to email@example.com.
Yes, I want to demonstrate my support for the development of an Australian-based Seventh-day Adventist distance-education program.
Email address: _______________________
Nature of support: ___________________ [specify which points are applicable (i.e.: "1 + 2 + 5") or delete statements that are not applicable. ]1. I believe the Seventh-day Adventist church should seriously consider developing a distance education program - to cater for the needs of a much broader number of its members.Other comments or additional contact details:_______________________________
2. I currently have children who I am homeschooling, and would be interested in seeing a distance education program such as this being developed.
3. I am considering homeschooling / distance education and would be interested in seeing a program such as this being developed.
4. I wish a distance education program such as this had been available at an earlier date (i.e. when my children were younger).
5. I had never considered homeschooling / distance education, but I would like to see this option be made available.
6. I would be interested in helping to contribute my skills and/or time to help develop the concept of such a curriculum/program.